REPORTS TO: CEO
Zenescope is looking for an experienced and qualified individual to oversee and manage the editorial department for our growing line of comic books and graphic novels.
Day to Day Role:
- Work with the editing, art, operations, marketing, and sales team to ensure Zenescope’s creative vision and branding
- Work with the creative team to both evolve current storylines and help create new ones for publishing
- Oversee the editing department in all facets of comic book and graphic novel creation
- Manage scriptwriting, script editing, story development and copywriting
- Introduce and brainstorm new concepts to reach our current customers and acquire new customers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years as an Editor in Chief at a comic book publisher
- Have a deep understanding of our most popular titles and their extended universe
- Lead in all areas of the comic publishing including direction, writing, storyboards, and art
- Familiarity with
- Adobe InDesign
- Final Draft or similar screenwriting software
- Microsoft Office programs
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent organization, communication, and facilitation skills
- Proficient in Google Drive common programs (docs, sheets, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years as an Editor of Chief at a comic book publisher
- Be willing to commute into the office in Horsham, PA a minimum of 3 days a week. Days will vary depending on stream dates, events, and urgency to deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or Journalism
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
ABOUT US: Zenescope Entertainment, Inc. is an independent comic book and graphic novel publisher that was founded in 2005 by Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco. The company has become one of the most recognized independent comic book and graphic novel publishers in the world. Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and subsequent spin-off series, such as Oz, Wonderland, Neverland and Robyn Hood, re-imagine classic fables and are some of the best-selling and longest-running original independent comic books on shelves today.
Zenescope publishes and develops both original and licensed material. Our partnerships include Discovery Channel, History Channel, CBS, Lionsgate TV, Mandalay Vision, New Line Cinema, Titmouse Studios, and more.