POSITION/TITLE: Product Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
DESCRIPTION: Here at Zenescope, we create Horror, Sci-Fi and Fantasy properties and have developed a library of over four hundred characters. We are seeking pop culture enthusiasts, who can assist in product development. As the company just celebrated 16 years, we need a well organized and detailed person to assist in brainstorming merchandise, lead in product creation, and create profit and loss reports. This individual needs to have a good understanding of what’s popular now, finding competitive rates and then following the project through completion.
Day to Day Role:
- Work with the VP Sales and E-Commerce Manager to assist in different areas of product development and creation
- Research and develop new product and merchandise
- Create budget analysis and profit and loss reports for products in development
- Analyze data/survey information for future products/promotions and coordinate with the marketing team for advertising strategies
- Develop an extensive knowledge of Zenescope's library of stories and characters
- Establish contacts and working relationships with vendors and manufacturers
- Facilitate delivery of all products to Zenescope office
- Update archival record of special products produced (e.g. metal products, galleries, showcases, licensed merchandise) and sales numbers
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in Google Drive common programs (docs, sheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with Shopify (our e-commerce platform)
- Commute to our office in Horsham
- 2 years of experience in product development (preferably in the pop culture industry)
- Have a passion and/or understanding for the pop culture industry
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Medical & Dental
- Paid Time Off
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
ABOUT US: Zenescope Entertainment, Inc. is an independent comic book and graphic novel publisher that was founded in 2005 by Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco. The company has become one of the most recognized independent comic book and graphic novel publishers in the world. Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and subsequent spin-off series, such as Oz, Wonderland, Neverland and Robyn Hood, re-imagine classic fables and are some of the best-selling and longest-running original independent comic books on shelves today.
Zenescope publishes and develops both original and licensed material. Our partnerships include Discovery Channel, History Channel, CBS, Lionsgate TV, Mandalay Vision, New Line Cinema, Titmouse Studios, and more.